Hair fall caused by scalp infections can be managed with the following steps:
- Consult a dermatologist: The first step in managing hair fall caused by scalp infections is to consult a dermatologist. They can diagnose the type of infection and prescribe appropriate medications to treat it.
- Use medicated shampoos: Medicated shampoos containing antifungal or antibacterial agents can be helpful in treating scalp infections. These shampoos should be used as directed by the dermatologist.
- Keep the scalp clean: Keeping the scalp clean is important in preventing and managing scalp infections. Regular washing with a mild shampoo can help prevent the build-up of oil, dirt, and bacteria.
- Avoid using hair products: Hair products like gels, sprays, and mousses can exacerbate scalp infections by trapping bacteria and dirt on the scalp. Avoid using these products until the infection has cleared up.
- Maintain a healthy diet: A healthy diet that includes plenty of protein, vitamins, and minerals can help promote healthy hair growth and reduce hair fall.
- Avoid scratching the scalp: Scratching the scalp can further aggravate scalp infections and lead to hair fall. If you feel the need to scratch, use a soft-bristled brush or your fingertips instead of your nails.
- Manage stress: Stress can weaken the immune system and make the body more susceptible to infections. Managing stress through relaxation techniques like meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises can help prevent and manage scalp infections.
Managing hair fall caused by scalp infections may take time, and it’s important to be patient and consistent with your treatment. Following these steps, along with the dermatologist’s advice, can help prevent hair fall and promote healthy hair growth.