The holiday season can be a challenging time to maintain a healthy weight, but there are several things you can do to avoid weight gain:
- Plan your meals: Make a plan for your meals and snacks during the holiday season. This can help you avoid overeating and make healthier choices.
- Practice portion control: Be mindful of your portion sizes, and try to stick to smaller portions. You can use smaller plates, bowls, and cups to help with this.
- Stay active: Make sure to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine, even if it’s just going for a walk or doing a short workout. This can help you burn off excess calories and maintain your weight.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary drinks and alcohol, which can be high in calories.
- Choose healthier options: Look for healthier options at holiday parties and gatherings, such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Try to limit your intake of high-calorie, high-fat foods.
- Don’t skip meals: Skipping meals can lead to overeating later on. Make sure to eat regular meals and snacks throughout the day to help maintain your energy levels and prevent overeating.
- Practice mindfulness: Be mindful of your eating habits and pay attention to your hunger and fullness cues. Try to eat slowly and savor your food, and avoid eating while distracted (such as watching TV or using your phone).
By following these tips, you can enjoy the holiday season without sacrificing your health and wellness.